French Bread Pizza
Elevate your pizza game with this quick, easy, and totally customizable French Bread Pizza. Bonus-Kids can totally get involved and help!
1 loaf of French bread or crusty artisan bread
4-5 tbsp. softened butter
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 ½ cups pizza sauce (Use more or less, depending on how much sauce you like.)
2 cups mozzarella cheese
Any pizza toppings you like (pepperoni, ham, sausage, mushrooms, peppers, pineapple, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut French bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread 2 tbsp. of butter on each side and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Place on a baking sheet, cut side up, and bake 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp on top.
- Remove from the oven and spread pizza sauce on top.
- Top with cheese and toppings as desired.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until browned and bubbly. Broil for 1-2 minutes if desired.
- Let pizza cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
***Ensure meat toppings like sausage or chicken are thoroughly cooked before adding. If your toppings have a lot of moisture, like mushrooms, cook them first. Toppings like pineapple may need to be lightly squeezed and then patted dry.